Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 400 (Update #4)

As my 500th post, I made a list of goals that I would like to reach by 500 days from that day. (I am now at post 1,173.)
Here's the link to the original post...Day 500 happens to be October 2, 2008.
Day 100, Day 200, Day 300, Today is Day 400. (Weird how quickly time goes.)

* Read at least 23 books.
I have read 17 so far and am currently reading two others. I will attain this goal.

* Write something (a short story, some poetry, a song, a YM resource)...CHECK

* Weigh 135.
I'm well on my way...but not there yet.

* Speak near-fluent Swahili.
Nope...but living in Kenya will help this one!

* Travel to at least 10 countries I have not been to before.
I won't make it to ten...I'm at 3 right now. I'll visit two more this year, but not before Day 500.

* Be financially independent...CHECK

* Have serious Kenya-living plans...CHECK
I leave one month from yesterday...crazy how much has changed in 400 days.

* Be en route to a Master's degree.
Nope...but post-Kenya, this will be a reality.

* Record...CHECK

* Laugh a lot. Loudly and a lot...CHECK
Of course...

Day 500 (Update #5) will be Wednesday, October 2, 2008...

2 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

You should give yourself extra credit for the "laugh a lot" category.
In the long run, it's the only thing that really matters.

Jessica Torres said...

I like it when you laugh a lot...loudly, and at Starbucks...because people can tell we are friends.