Sunday, December 09, 2007

Day 200: Update #2

As my 500th post, I made a list of goals that I would like to reach by 500 days from that day. Here's the link...day 500 happens to be October 2, 2008.

Here's the link for update #1: Day 100 of 500.

Friday (December 7th) was day 200. So, here is an update:

* Read at least 23 books.
So far, I have read 7 (at this rate, I could make it to 23)

* Write something (a short story, some poetry, a song, a YM resource)...SORT OF CHECK
I wrote an article for the SYM Newsletter...

* Weigh 135.
Nope

* Speak near-fluent Swahili.
I can sing a few songs, count to ten, say hello and welcome...but that's all

* Travel to at least 10 countries I have not been to before.
Only 3 new countries so far (this may be the only unattained goal in 500 days)

* Be financially independent...CHECK
Well, in theory, I am...mom, you don't get to comment on this!

* Have serious Kenya-living plans...CHECK
I'm moving in July...for 6 months. I'll return in January.
When we go in a few weeks, I'll be making connections over there and establishing some firm plans...

* Be en route to a Master's degree.
Not even close

* Record...CHECK
I was part of Fuel (a night of worship) on November 26th. The CD will be released sometime in January...the DVD in the summer!

* Laugh a lot. Loudly and a lot...CHECK
Of course...

Day 300: Update #3 will be Tuesday, March 18, 2008...

5 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I am proud of you for ALL your accomplishments...and kinda jealous too! Good for you!

E.Money said...

that's SO cool that you are moving to kenya for 6 months!!!

Heather McTaggart said...

So cool that you are this close to your goals..WOW KENYA THAT SOON! Moving forward with goals...WAY TO GO!

Ange said...

You're moving to Kenya?? So amazing!!!

Ange said...

Hey remember in Kenya when that little girl kept calling me Penny?