Sunday, December 09, 2007

Things That Make You Look Like An Idiot at a Concert

For the first in this series, please see: Things That Make You Look Like An Idiot At A Party

Last night, my mom and I went to John Mayer's 1st Annual Holiday Charity Revue.
It was a great show...to read more about it, visit my mom's post. I came up with this list last night and was very excited to post it.

Things That Make You Look Like An Idiot at a Concert:

1. Buying a shirt of the band and putting it on right away.

2. Taking a picture of yourself with the empty, pre-show lighted, stage behind you.

3. Playing the air guitar during the show.

4. Playing the mouth drums (loudly) during the show.

5. Trying to jump out of your chair and land exactly with the end of the song...EVERY TIME.

6. Sitting so close to your girlfriend (and kissing her so often) that I almost turn to warn you that you are closing in on 4 pints of saliva and running the risk of contracting HIV/AIDS.

7. Constantly trying to guess which song will be next.

8. Fist-pumping when you correctly guess the next song.

9. Spurting out unimportant facts about the band in-between sets.

10. Shouting out variations of "I Love you!" or "Marry Me" or even titles of other songs.

Lucky for me, we sat next to the guy that embodied all things idiotic...a tip of the hat to you sir, for inspiring this post.

5 comments:

Mel East said...

omg omg omg i sooo was at that amazing concert!!!

Matt Jensen said...

Number 5 and 8 are definitely necessary, the rest i agree with you on.

Jaclyn Parker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Hibbard said...

Yep...they were winners alright.
I think I was trying to guess songs but I was not telling you that. AND, I wanted to sing at the top of my lungs AND I wanted to put my shirt on. But, fortunately, I have been to concerts with you before and I know the rules.
The couple next to you were sick. I am sure they went straight to the Holiday Inn afterward!

Nanette said...

I found your blog searching for the concert. Great post. I did something similar last year after getting so frustrated at shows: http://nannersp.blogspot.com/2006/10/10-commandments-of-concert-attendance.html