Thursday, December 06, 2007

My Life Has Been Spiced Up




Tonight Ryanne, Alanna and I went to see the Spice Girls in concert. No, you're not reading a diary entry from 1996...

They opened with "Spice Up Your Life" and Ryanne and I both got teary-eyed.
We were laughing at ourselves, we know how lame it sounds, but there was something so "childhood dream" about seeing them come out and dance on stage.

They sang "The Lady is a Vamp", which is my very favorite Spice Girls song...

Alanna still remembered the dance to "Stop!" (Ry and I were a little rusty)...

They sang all of their hits, and clearly did not have enough to fill an entire show because each girl sang a solo (of a cover--or their own solo hit), and there were a few dance interludes from a group of "spice boys".

The show was worth every penny. So were the T-Shirts.
We'll take some photos in our souvenirs and I'll post them tomorrow...

4 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Did they sing "Too much of nothing"?
That's my fave. So glad you had fun. I wonder if NKOTB will ever have a reunion tour?

Heather McTaggart said...

I saw this on the news this morning and I actually came out of my bathroom (straigtening my hair, before some people assume something else) to see if I could see you in the audience! I didn't but how fun would THAT have been! Holly was in 2nd grade when she was a HUGE Spice Girls fan, I wonder if she remembers the dances and songs!?

sunshine said...

oh so fun.... i cant wait to hear stories :]]

ian.matthew said...

sounds fun

i invited u so now u can see my blog!!!