Thursday, August 30, 2007

Day 100: Update #1

As my 500th post, I made a list of goals that I would like to reach by 500 days from that day. Here's the link...day 500 happens to be October 2, 2008.

Here's a brief update on these goals:

* Read at least 23 books.

So far, I have read 3
* Write something (a short story, some poetry, a song, a YM resource).
I helped Griff with a side-project, but I don't think that counts
* Weigh 135.
Nope, not yet
* Speak near-fluent Swahili.
Nope, not this one either
* Travel to at least 10 countries I have not been to before.
3 down, as of yesterday: Hungary, Austria, Czech Republic
* Be financially independent.
I am very close to this one...by Day 200 I'll be there!
* Have serious Kenya-living plans.
I'm serious about Kenya, but no plans as of now
* Be en route to a Master's degree.
I'm thinking about it a lot...
* Record...
Nope. Nothing.
* Laugh a lot. Loudly and a lot.
Done and done. One of the old women on the tour bus this week said "That child has got some laugh on her!"

So...I'm not doing great, but I've made a dent at least...Day 200 will be December 7, 2007...I'll keep working

3 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

most people don't read three books in a year...some in a lifetime. You are WAY above on this one
Most people don't SEE ten countries in their lifetime...ditto on that one.
you write posts that are amazing every day!
135 is over rated
Swahili...get the CDs and put them on your ipod
you are VERY close to financially independant. Very close!!
You talked about Kenya all through Europe.
the master's degree...the recording...well...one day at a time.
Laughing...now THERE's where you have everyone hands down!!! That laugh IS amazing. YOU are amazing. Make a list of WHAT you have done. THAT will be much longer and fulfilling.
i love you!!

Unknown said...

You helped a lot ... and we're not done yet ... :)

JG

Heather McTaggart said...

Laughing is something you should be proud of! I love laughter, laughter makes us who we are, it actually keeps us healthy so we can achieve the goals we set! SO...you are closer to achieving your goals because you find laughter in your days! WAY TO GO GIRL! BTW...get down here (trust me laughter is a plenty)!