Friday, June 27, 2008

Can I Take Your Order?

Nothing causes me more anxiety than having to order food for others.

If you tell me what you'd like--exactly what you'd like--I can make that happen, no problem.
But, if you say, "Surprise me"...then I am instantly nervous.

I am a pretty picky eater, so I am always nervous that someone else will be too.

I don't want to waste money by bringing back gross food.
And, I don't want to be a disappointment...I want to be impressive...
I want to be someone who is known for choosing excellent food all the time.

I know, it's ridiculous...but it's important to me.

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

NOTHING is worse than someone saying, "Surprise me" or "I'll eat anything" and then having them complain, make a face or be unhappy with what I chose for them.
I'll gladly take orders too, but don't ask me to make your decisions. I like EVERYTHING, but I give specifics when ordering as to NOT make set the other person up for failure.
Good point!