Monday, November 05, 2007

Irrational Fear #5

Here are links to #1-4.

In 1996 a movie came out that changed my view of public-bathroom use.

Scream came out when I was a freshman in high school...I saw it in the theater three days in a row.

The scariest part, to me, is actually a pretty forgettable scene to most people.

Sidney (Neve Campbell) goes in to the school bathroom during class. She's in there alone (or so she thinks) and hears her name being whispered, seemingly through the air conditioning. She looks around, but doesn't see anyone...then we see the feet step off of the toilet and hit the ground...

Oh man...SO scary!

This fear doesn't affect my everyday life...since most days I am not in a public bathroom alone.

But, I can not go to the bathroom during a movie without slight fear of hearing "allison, allison"

2 comments:

The Maguires said...

I posted my irrational fear. It also has to do with the toilet, but mine could really happen according to the photos I found. Does that mean its not irrational?

Anonymous said...

I thought that this was somehow, going to be germ related where she has to touch the toilet or where somebody dies due to a bathroom-acquired illness.