Tuesday, June 08, 2010

So Much To Say...

I'm at a place where I have so much to write that I actually have nothing to write.

I prayed aloud on my way to work today. Many of the things I said caught me off-guard. I was puzzled as to how I could say something that I needed to hear--needed to learn--as if I'd known it all along.

  • I don't want to be someone who only talks about work; though I've rapidly slipped back in to that. That's frustrating.

  • I also don't want to be someone who is so caught up in the work I'm doing here that I miss what God is trying to do with me here...or somewhere else, for that matter.

  • I'm losing it. I'm losing my ability to be as perceptive as I used to be. I was so good at hearing the unspoken things. And now my life is loud and I'm missing God's quiet whisper...but the worst part is, some days I don't even miss it.

  • I have been running at high speed...and enjoying it. I'm laughing a lot, and checking loads of items off of my to-do lists, but I'm missing the stillness. The silence. The rest.

I had it.
I miss it.

I know that I could re-learn it...I just wish I hadn't lost it.

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

Sometimes, when I say something that I need to hear, when I say to myself, "Wow, where did that come from?! It's EXACTLY what I needed!"...

I have a feeling that maybe God whispered it to me and that I just said it out loud.

There's a lot of that going around lately.

love you