Monday, August 17, 2009

Circle Up

This weekend in church, Kyle told the story of Jesus Reinstating Peter {John 21:15-25} and said something that has since been echoing in my head.

He said, When Jesus appears again to his disciples {after the crucifixion and Peter's denial of Christ} and they sit down to breakfast, Peter must have sat close enough to participate in the conversation, but far enough away to avoid being asked the tough questions.

I keep hearing this sentence...on repeat in my memory.

I've been wondering how often my own selfish nature takes over and causes me to sit near Jesus, happy to be in His presence, so long as I am not made to think too deeply or care too much or work too hard...

In the last year or so, I've been trying to move closer and closer to the center the conversation with Jesus. I'm working at intentionally seeking the tough questions from God...hoping for discomfort because I know that's where I am forced to stop relying on myself and, instead, watch God's brilliant orchestration.

No comments: