Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy Bearthday, Logan {Boo}

A few years ago, my cousin Logan and I found a super old picture of Nana and Grandpa {our great-grandparents} from their honeymoon. The picture is of the two of them standing on either side of a grizzly bear. The bear is wearing a giant collar and chain and Nana is wearing heels and a fur coat. Clearly, they traveled through Canada in style.

The best part of the story is that, for a year or so, nobody believed that such picture existed...until one day...we found it. And Logan and I were quick to say, "Told you so!"

On Saturday, when we were digging through the storage, I found this picture and asked if I could please give it to Logan as a birthday gift.Despite the protests from Bum, Gina and my mother, Logan and I are choosing to believe that this is the same bear.

It should be noted that Bum said I could only have it if I cleaned up the frame...I didn't. I gave it to him very, very storage-y and dirty. And that made it so much better.

1 comment:

PETE Di LALLO said...

Nice going Alli...
but got to get back to the teeth you found in storage...I have a theory... when Nana and Gramps 'met that bear' I bet the bear tried to attach Nana's bear coat, then Gramps punched him in the nose, broke some bear teeth and pocketed them...
how those teeth got into my jewelry box beats the H out of me...