Thursday, January 08, 2009

Sticks and Stones...

I’ve been stuck in my own head a lot today…it was fine, I was doing some administrative stuff that didn’t require my full brain and I wasn’t around many people, so I wasn’t being rude and non-conversational…I was just thinking about a mess of stuff…and writing some emails in my head.

One thing that was repeating in my head was this:

Isn’t it funny that there are certain words that will trigger memories of someone or somewhere? And some of those people have left such a bad taste in your mouth that the word he or she is attached to will always be tainted…

But others are words that could be tattooed on your body or hung in a frame in your house because of the memories that are attached to it?



What words do you love or hate because of a specific person or memory?

I know, this is such an English-major post, right?

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

Hmmm...how about having certain words tattooed on your body that remind you of people who left a bad taste in your mouth?
Yeah...
I get it.