Thursday, October 16, 2008

That's A Great Name...Seven!

I was tagged by Jess (I think I like you enough to call you that...is that okay?!)
So...here goes nothing:

1. I am a total book snob
I refuse to read anything on Target's Best-seller or "Recommended reads" shelf (the Classic shelf does not count in this). I also refuse to read anything that has been recommended by Oprah. I know I've missed out on some great books because of this, but I'm sticking to it nonetheless. (Oh, admission of guilt: I recently read "The Kite Runner" which had a Target sticker on it...but we were in Kakuma and there were no other books to read. So I think this is an acceptable exception.)

2. I cry about everything
I know this isn't a little-known fact, but it's definitely weird. Two weeks ago I cried when Daina made pumpkin bread because the smell reminded me of home. Last week I cried listening to "Hey There Delilah" because Dominik sang it one time and I miss him. Yesterday I cried talking about my friend Katie getting married. Big or small...the floodgates open.

3. I love to name fonts
I pride myself on knowing the names of fonts and trying to impart my knowledge on others...usually people don't care...but I love to point at a box of cereal and say, "$1 if you can name that font"

4. I talk to the TV
Alone, with others, watching TV on DVD on my laptop--wearing headphones...doesn't matter. I'm going to say, "Oh no!" or "Eww..." I am exactly what the writers are hoping for because I take all of my cues: cry here, gasp here, hate this character...I'm in.

5. I don't eat four-legged animals
I have always said I don't eat red meat, but I don't eat pork either. I stole the 4-legged bit from my friend, Becca, and it actually makes the most sense. I eat chicken, fish and turkey...no steak, ham, or even burgers for the last year or so. I do my best to make sure my eating habits don't effect the people around me: I'll eat all side dishes when meat is on the menu...no big deal.

6. I have lived in three of my four favorite cities in the world...there's one left
I have lived in London and Kitale (and, of course, OC--which is so run-together that I'm counting it as one city). The one place I would still love to live is New York. I'm not sure if or when that could happen, but I would like to mark that off of my life-list.

7. I know very little about music...and I'm okay with that
I don't listen to the radio. I don't read Rolling Stone. I don't seek out new Indy bands. I listen to music I know that I love, regardless of how long it's been on the shelf. I am totally content to listen to the same Ray LaMontagne album followed by Queen's Greatest Hits in to a little Kate Nash and then some Sinatra...I get some new music from friends or commercials, but I'm typically a month behind.

I tag: Adam, Ryanne, Allegra, Katelyn, Eliane, Josh Treece and Rachel.

4 comments:

Jessica Torres said...

Yes, you have full permission to call me Jess :)

Erin Brady said...

I do number 4 too! I did it tonight when watching Grey's.

Scott and Katelyn said...

Thank you for giving me something to do while I sit and wait for this stinkin baby. I also distinctly remember being in your car and listening to that song cie la vie. So yes, you do listen to whatever.

rachkevdenham said...

i think i cried a little when you tagged me because of how honored i was. i am going to think and rough draft my answers tonight. xoxo- gossip girl