Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Brought To You By the Committee For a Camping-and-Baseball-Free Life

Matt, Brian, Bethany and I were having a conversation while cooking 60 eggs on the camping trip. I had said that I don't ever want to camp as a family vacation. I would much rather take my kids to a hotel.

The question was: what if I marry someone who loves camping...

My answer: I won't.

I think, as of last night, that I've also added "does not love baseball games" to the list of hopeful husband traits.

I sat for 8 innings last night and could not tell you the score of the game.
For the first four innings I forgot that there was even a game going on.
But at bottom of the fifth, after two hours and way too much food, I was playing phone sudoku.

I will attend a baseball game. I will eat the food and have conversation...but I don't love it. Nine innings is a long time to sit there...

4 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

This must be the one portion of Julie Hibbard DNA that you are missing. But having been at that game last night as well, I have to admit, it was not the most exciting. And, it is the first time in YEARS that I left a game before the fat lady sang.
Camping. That is one thing your dad and I always agreed on: never. A goblet of ice cream from room service at hotel in a beautiful excitement filled city is far better than beans on a stove in the dirt. Is that vacation? Ugh. I'd rather go to work.
Or a baseball game.

Jessica Torres said...

I go to baseball games for the food and...okay, only for the food.

PETE Di LALLO said...

a few of your aunts are missing the baseball gene too...they were tagged out at second on the way...

what IS your favorite sport?
to watch and / or play?

and camping used to be fun when your Mom and sisters were young... Bum's favorite line still is: 'If they don't have valet parking I ain't going'

Gina Vistaunet said...

Camping is for people who:
A. Have no money.
B. Don't ejoy running water for bathing.
C. Like wild life and sleeping with ants.
D. Have no fear of a bear, coyote, wild dog, alien, killers, or just a random stabber/kidnapper.
E. Don't ejoy sleeping in a bed with pillows and blankets and a fan.
F. Don't care how dirty their feet get.

As for baseball, I go to the games, but I am the official beer fetcher.