Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Customer Service Morning

This morning, I had to get gas. I hate starting my morning with errands!
I pulled in to the gas station (on Oso, since I've been house/kid-sitting)...and had to parallel park in to the center pump...no big deal.

The man, who I assume was the manager, compliments my parallel parking ability saying most people would have been afraid of that spot and waited for an open pump. He then says, "I'm offering free full-service to anyone who's interested."

I am absolutely interested in not having to touch the dirty gas pump, yes.
So, he pumped my gas, washed my windshield and then gave me a $2-off car wash coupon.
He introduced himself, and called me by name...Yeah, Brian and I are friends now.

Then, I get to Starbucks and the guy says, "Hey Allison. How are you?" and writes my cup without asking me what I want. The girl asks, "When will your hair be totally blonde? I can't wait to see it!" This stuff makes me want to always go to this Starbucks...I like that they know my name and a little about me...seriously, third place Starbucks...way to go.

I love good customer service. Love it.

5 comments:

Janelle Kelly said...

thats definitely a good way to start your day! i like those days

oh, i got asked to prom by nathan ochoa. i dont know if you know him but hes great!

Ange said...

I agree -- good customer service is hard to find so when we get it -- it's amazing.

my starbucks people know me as Joan. Cuz the name Ange is way too difficult.

Erin Brady said...

Oh! Look at you go! Okay, I live right next door to that gas station and I have never met the allegid "Brian." I need to meet this man. Help me parallel park so I can meet him. I HATE pumping gas. Though, I would just like to point out that I just mastered puting the nozzel in without holding it. I was so proud :)

Elyse said...

Haha.. You are their best customer ;)

Julie Hibbard said...

YOU are the one who is kind and friendly--that makes others attracted to you and want to give you great service!
I LOVE places where they remember me because I remember EVERYONE!
So glad you had a good morning!
You won't have to pump gas in Kenya! (But I doubt they have a Starbuck's either!)