Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I Love Learning

NYSE vs. NASDAQ
--I still can't figure out what makes them different. Do you know? Can you help me?
(Not that I will ever need to know...or even really care, but I feel like it can't hurt for me to know this.)

2010
--We had a debate at work today about how this year will be pronounced...turns out, no one is totally sure yet.
Here are the options:
Two thousand (and) ten
Twenty hundred (and) ten
Twenty-ten
And they think that twenty-ten will end up being the commonly-used pronunciation.
Yikes...which will you use?

10 comments:

TSHarrison said...

NYSE vs. NASDAQ - no clue. they didn't teach that a bible college.

2010 - i'm going with twenty ten.

Julie Hibbard said...

I say two thousand ten NOW when i am referring to it. I can't imagine changing once the year gets here. It's easier tho to say twenty ten twenty eleven.
why aren't we saying twenty oh eight?

JasonJEM said...

They are both selling and buying stocks in an auction, all those guys yelling at each other you see on TV is the NYSE at Wall Street The NASDAQ, on the other hand, is a computerized aution and there is no central location.

Anonymous said...

theyve started saying 20-oh 8 on some news shows(KFI) ill probably say 20-10


ask for the stockmarket thing, ask Chase hes into that stuff

Matt Jensen said...

Studies show that the world will be destroyed by global warming and pollution by 2009, so it looks like we all can avoid that 2010 argument.

Elyse said...

I think I will use twenty-ten, because that sounds all futuristic and stuff.

ponch0 said...

I think I would use "Two thousand (and) ten"

I am just liking the old fashion ways of saying things..

Jessica Torres said...

I vote for twenty-ten...shortest.

Anonymous said...

I am not sure about NASDAQ. But NYSE is the building in NY where everyone trades stock. I think???

Unknown said...

I will say two-thousand ten which is correct grammar