Thursday, January 31, 2008

I Saw Sparks

I had a rough summer. I cried, a lot. I was sick (with the pukes), a lot.
God was seriously rocking me to get my attention...and He did.
My heart was really broken in this process...and I couldn't (fully) express it.
I couldn't talk much about it, I would just begin to cry.

But I did listen to a lot of music...and I did watch a lot of TV.

Now, every time I hear the song "Sparks" by Coldplay, my heart sinks and my eyes well up with tears...I go back to the same feeling I had this summer...That bass line, apparently, is ingrained on the "memory" part of my brain.

3 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

"Sparks" is one of those contemplative-thought-inducing-type songs...
The slow, even beat is relaxing and the soft guitar strumming makes it feel like you're alone and silent in a world full of chaos.
It is seriously one of my all time favorite songs. It's been used in a lot of movies for those same reasons.
(It's even in Wedding Crashers --when he begins to realize that he actually has FEELINGS for a girl!)
Those of us with tender hearts are easily and joyfully moved by music.

Heather McTaggart said...

One of my most memorable summer moments with you:

Standing in the parking lot behind tent 2 and watching tears just roll down your cheeks! Broke my heart into pieces!

Jessica Torres said...

"Sparks" is my Summer of 2003 song...