Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Nothing Says "Team Lunch" Like Grease and Pool

Last Tuesday, the JH staff (with Megan and Jason) headed to Cook's Corner for lunch.
At first, I was opposed to this idea; I was convinced that they only sell food covered in chili. Kurt and Matt said I was totally mistaken.

Sure enough, we walk in and there is a man eating a HUGE plate of chili nachos...

We sat down at a few round tables and noticed writing all over the walls and ceiling...so, when in Rome.



Then came the best part of all: a pool table.

Brian and I played one game, which I won...only because Brian scratched on the 8-ball.




After lunch, we played a second game: Alice and Bethany vs. Brian and Megan. This time, Bethany scratched on the 8-ball, so we lost.



I ordered a sandwich (sans chili)...and played two games of pool...
All in all, a very fun lunch spot.

7 comments:

Alyssa said...

ive always wanted to go there... but no one ever wants to go:(

David Hughes said...

that's weird. that really really well framed photo at the bottom doesn't have any photo credit noted.

Gina Vistaunet said...

Thatch and Mike always to Cooks. Funny, I thought it was a biker bar but they seem to let church goin' 13 year olds in there!!

Heather McTaggart said...

Pool is the BEST GAME EVER! I love POOL! I can beat anyone anywhere (well, don't hold me to that but that's what I tell them so they are scared)!

Julie Hibbard said...

OK Heather...we need to meet at Cook's corner and play pool!
My grandma and her boyfriend used to take me and my sisters there when we were little (yes, you read that correctly)
that is where I learned to play pool! I am sure my photo is on the wall there somewhere (ok, probably not, but my name is written somewhere!)
good decision on the chili, Allison

PETE Di LALLO said...

Notalgic blog...
we used to go there all the time when we first moved to El Toro (Lake Forest now)
The chili was my favorite thing!

Heather Leith said...

ooh i've been there.

but it was scary.

because i was sure someone was going to jump me.

but they do have good food.