Monday, March 19, 2007

as if they are my own original thoughts

Here is an old post from my myspace blog.

I really enjoy rhyming. I realize that this makes me slightly pathetic, but I really think it's funny. I also think that using big words is funny. I like to feel smart. The way I am writing right now makes me sound stupid. I am aware of that. All of these simple sentences, I sound like a 12-year old.

My favorite thing, honestly, is making references to movies. Not in the typical way though...you know, back and forth reciting lines until you relive the whole scene (don't get me wrong, some of my favorite moments are those cinematic conversations). I really like to pick obscure (there's a big word) phrases or scenes and throw them in to conversation as if they are my own original thoughts...and see who catches it. I know you are probably rolling your eyes at this right now (all one of you reading this)...but try it sometime. Pick your favorite movie and then find some line that really could be used in an everyday conversation, and insert it some where in your day...it's funny, but only to you...and anyone else who may get it.

Try it and then let me know what you think. I guarantee it is a fix for any bad day...and an added bonus for any already good day.

Something else that is funny, but really only for you: write an entire email and then pick a phrase that makes no sense out of its place, and make that the subject line. It's really fun.

I had a friend in High School who would often talk as if he were in a movie. He'd sound as though he were quoting something, but was actually just that witty. Jamie, if you read this: I am very envious of your wit.

3 comments:

Brent said...

Brilliant. I wish I were that witty.

Cathi said...

It's cold feet. isn't it? Everybody panics. Didn't you?
Thanks Dennis- I feel better.

No, I'm not moving to Seattle.

ponch0 said...

That sounds fun, I think I shall try it sometime! Although, there is nothing wrong with sounding like a 12 year-old.....:-)