Sunday, March 18, 2007

Ensenada...

Junior High is switching things up this year, and so we do not have a spring break Mexico trip. Because of this I offered/was persuaded to go to Mexico with HSM.

Today was the sign-painting/translation day.

Sitting in the garage with the students, I mentioned that I went to El Toro High School. One of the girls said she goes there now. Then, another adult leader said, "I went there too. Class of '89."

I laughed and said, "Was anyone in this garage even alive in 1989?"...this was meant to be a joke. One boy said, "I was born in 1989."

And then I realized that I'm getting older.

5 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Ah, the circle of life...
Of course, you were only 6 for the majority of 1989 yourself! :)

Unknown said...

If you're old, I'm in REAL trouble.

JG

Brent said...

I know what you mean.

Matt McGill said...

HA! You're going to ensenda!

Jen Panunzio said...

I felt old the other day when one of my students said he was born in the 90's.