Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve Eve

I had a great day today. I love my job, but I LOVE being off work.

An entire Saturday...no clock-watching...no last-second mind-run-throughs...I love the feeling of no service. Even when I'm off, but there is a weekend happening, it's all I can think about: did they find everything? did they remember to grab those cards? are the games fun? will they change anything because it didn't work?

None of that today! It was all about lounging around. Matt came over and we cooked a HUGE breakfast: pancakes, turkey bacon, hash browns, and eggs for Matt. Then we watched Seinfeld, wrapped last minute gifts...that's it. I did not leave the office chair (or the Tivo remote) from 9-4:30...it was such a relaxing day...

We went to my mom's for Christmas. It was so nice. She made manicotti and had delicious bread. She also made a cake, since Matt's birthday is next week. The gifts were mostly monetary, in the form of European currency and Starbucks cards...We bought my mom some books and DVDs...We laughed and chatted...it was very fun. Christmas 1 of 6 down. So far, so good.

When we came back to my house, Matt and I watched Forrest Gump and now I'm blogging while watching FRIENDS season 5.

It really is the most wonderful time of the year.

2 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Thank you so much for an enjoyable evening...
Maybe we'll make Christmas Eve Eve our tradition. So nice to not have to watch the clock and head somewhere else.
Love you so...

Unknown said...

keep eating those pancakes ... JG