Friday, December 22, 2006

7:30am

I woke early this morning to meet with my personal trainer. (His name is Joel, but he's for another blog.)

I spent 50 minutes working out and then I drove home. As I came down my street, I was surprised to see my neighbor, who hates my dad, in our driveway. What was she doing there? Oh, stealing our newspaper. She picked up the paper from our driveway and was walking back to her house. I watched the whole thing go down. If I'd had my camera, the "money shot" would have been mine for the taking.

I muttered "Oh, Agnus" under my breath and hit the garage door opener. Mind you, it was pouring rain. She heard the door open and spun around to look me in the face...a deer caught red-handed in headlights.

I pulled in to the garage and got out of the car as fast as I could. She was gone. But, our paper? She had left it sitting on the sidewalk between our house and hers. One inch closer to our side.

You have to get up pretty early in the morning to catch a thief.

3 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

What the heck? That is so weird...
So glad you caught her! Of course, she won't be giving you the tin of Chinese cookies for Christmas now...wait...did she give them to you last year?
Do they still have a goat?
I miss Agnes...
How is Bun Bun?

Brent said...

A goat?! Bun Bun?!

Josh(ua) Treece said...

You are JUST like Veronica Mars! Look at this crime you prevented with your detective skills!