Monday, November 20, 2006

The Blog of Judgement

All of my blogging energy typically goes toward one ultimate goal: making it on to Josh Griffin's Great Stuff from My Friends' Blog.

Each day I find myself trying very hard to be interesting enough, funny enough, eloquent enough to make it in to this list of honor. And each week I await the decision: was I good enough this week?

I mentioned this to him once; that I was so sad that I hadn't been good enough that week. I think he feels guilty now, because good or bad, I'm on the list.

Griff, don't treat me with any special privileges. I want to be on an equal playing field. And then, I want to blow the competition out of the water with a killer post.

Thank you, dear friend, for raising the bar.

5 comments:

Matt Jensen said...

I should be put on the list just for this.

Josh Peters said...

hey, perhaps you can quit your job and come hang out with us on sunday nights. just a suggestion.

Mike Lovato said...

Crap - I think the same exact thing every week. I judge the quality of my blog posts by if any "made the list."

Unknown said...

I'm thinking about doing an exclusive one just for you, Allison. JG

Rob Cunningham said...

What's so funny is that there's a whole cyberworld of Fields-turn-Griff stalkers whose thoughts are filled with that same idea: I must make Josh's list this week. Oh yea, and love Jesus, too. But I MUST MAKE JOSH'S LIST is pretty high.