Sunday, November 19, 2006

Interesting Story...

I have not left my house all day. In fact, I have not left my bed for more than 30 minutes (an hour total). I have been laying around watching Will and Grace and reading People magazines.

Here's an interesting story from the pages of People:
Some schools in Texas are having elementary students enter a pin number as they pay for their lunch. In interest of decreasing childhood obesity, parents fill out a detailed form deciding what their kids can and can not purchase at lunch. If any of the items the child picks up happen to be on the "can not" list, the lunch lady may not sell that item to that child.

What ever happened to "up for grabs"? If I were at that school, I'd buy all the junk food and sell it to the kids who can't have it. I bet I'd make a fortune. OR, why doesn't the school get rid of the junk food? Then there is no need for the monitoring.

No comments: