Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Elliptical Thoughts part 3

As I looked around the gym tonight I wondered a few things:

*At what point does one consider themselves "overweight" and in need of a serious workout regime? 15 pounds? 30 pounds? 2 sizes? Someone mistaking them for being pregnant?

*At what age does it stop becoming cute that a kid is pudgy? When is it okay to bring your kid to the gym with you and get them in to shape? At what age is it still considered child abuse to make your child run on the treadmill for an hour?

*When you leave to go to the gym, do you try to look your worst? Your best? Forget looks, go for comfort? I saw a few people tonight looking very haggard. It just made me wonder. I don't attempt beauty, but I always dress in such a way that I could stop somewhere on the way home and not be embarrassed about looking like I just climbed out of a dumpster in 1985.

Oh, and I also saw a bit too much of an older man's crotchal region...yikes! Tuck them in, sir.

1 comment:

TheHuntsAreRad said...

I agree. this was confusing for me and also disturbing.