Monday, November 13, 2006

Elliptical Thoughts

An Elliptical machine at the gym simulates a running motion without actually going anywhere...

As I used this machine today, my thoughts were rather 'elliptical'.

Monday, November 13th. Noon.
As I "cardio-ed" today for 20 minutes, I watched a woman clean the giant mirrors in the "class" room.
As I watched her, my mind wandered...
What was she thinking about while she cleaned?
What she singing along to the song being played, just as I was?
How often does she clean these mirrors?
Does she have a descending count in her head as she moves toward the end of the line?
Does she count this as her workout, since technically she is in a gym?
Does she hate every second of cleaning these mirrors...and enjoy cleaning the machines?

As I thought all of these things, I couldn't help but wonder if someone was watching me and thinking the same sort of thoughts.
Probably not...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA I totally watch them too! And the tech's who come to fix the machines.

Johnny Baker said...

I always look at the "burnt calories" monitor to see what I can eat when I get off the dang machine.

I loath cardio.