Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Oh! Guilty Pleasures. (#3)

I almost forgot to divulge a Guilty Pleasure for this Wednesday evening.

My Guilty Pleasure for today is: 80's Television.

I LOVE Growing Pains. And The Cosby Show.

I own Seasons 1 & 2 of The Cosby Show. And Season 1 of Growing Pains.
(Any other seasons would be appropriate gifts for me.)

If I could travel back in time, I would marry Bill Cosby. Or Kirk Cameron (pre-Left Behind days). When he looked like this:




Seriously, who could resist that?

(I just asked Matt Jensen and he said these 1980 marriages are not offensive to him.)

And, FYI, my favorite episode of each show is:

COSBY: "Happy Anniversary"--Season 2, Episode 3. (Dr. Huxtable's parents: Anna and Russell are celebrating their wedding anniversary, the Huxtable Family sings "(Night Time Is) The Right Time" by Ray Charles. Rudy lip synchs "Baby!")

GROWING PAINS: "Reputation"--Season 1, Episode 18. (Mike is studying for a test, decides to cheat by writing answers on the bottom of his shoes. But, while writing it all, he begins to learn. During the test, he knows it all and doesn't need to cheat. He gets an A. Then comes the best line: "I am number 1!"--Since he has a bad reputation, they think he cheated...it's a great storyline!)

Until next week. Watch more classic TV.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Both great shows, both great episodes. I might go buy the dvd right now.

Alanna Moine said...

that episode of the cosby show reminds me of NYC...museum of television and radio.