Friday, September 29, 2006

ApologetiX

I am a part of the ApologetiX fan club. I became a member about a year-and-a-half ago. I joined primarily because that meant I could listen to the MP3s on the website.

Honestly, I think they are pretty clever. Ridiculously serious, their inability to realize that what they do is actually more funny than evangelistic breaks my heart a little bit.

Maybe they would be more popular if they were able to laugh at themselves.

Check out their discography. If you are in the mood for a laugh, join the fan club and listen to some MP3s.

A few of my favorites:

Bethelehemian Rhapsody (Parody of "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen)

Naomi Gonna Be with Ruth (Parody of "Only Wanna Be With You" by Hootie & the Blowfish)

The Real Sin Savior (Parody of "The Real Slim Shady" by Eminem)

Oh...and something that might be fun for you, but not for your surrounding company: google the lyrics to each song and try to sing their words to the tune of the original song. (This made Matt Jensen very angry after about 20 minutes, though it was still very funny to me.)

You're Welcome.

No comments: