Saturday, October 14, 2006

My Favorite Restaurants in the World #10

Today's delicious tip comes all the way from London, but can also be found in Manhattan.

Pret A Manger. (Pret, for short).

The most appetizing part of this place is the affordable price for amazing food. It is a fancy cafeteria style restaurant. You walk in and pick up what you'd like to eat and then pay for it at the counter.

May I recommend a few favorites:
*Tuna and Cucumber (although, this is not as delicious in the States...our cucumbers have a different taste).
*Egg Mayo (not a choice for me, but Matt loves it)
*Holiday Sandwich (around Thanksgiving/Christmas--turkey dinner on a baguette)

You can purchase a sandwich, chips and a soda all for around 5 pounds.

They are all over Central London and spread over New York City.
Try it, you'll like it!

1 comment:

Leigh Sarti said...

I prefer the sandwirch with brie cheese, tomato, and basil (not pronounced bay-zil). I once ate one of these for lunch, and another for dinner. I am mad for it!
Cheers!