Friday, October 13, 2006

Rain

I love the rain. I own quite a few hats because they are my favorite article of rainy day clothing...My pink boots run a close second.

Tonight, as Matt and I worked on party supplies and chatted with his parents, there was a sudden downpour. It was amazing. I stood at the door for a minute and watched, it was raining so hard. In those moments I just want to go outside, in all of my clothes, and kiss someone while the credits role. It made me think of the scene in Breakfast at Tiffany's. In the end, when Holly is out looking for her cat and it is pouring rain and Fred finds her and they know they are meant to be together.

It also made me think of all of the songs with RAIN in them:

"Here Comes the Rain Again"--Eurythmics
"Flood"--Jars of Clay ('Rain, Rain on my face')
"Enough is Enough"--Barbra Streisand & Donna Summer ('It's raining, it's pouring, my love-life is boring me to tears')
"Rainy Days and Mondays"--Carpenters
"Come Clean (Let the Rain Fall Down)"--Hilary Duff

Can you name some more?

2 comments:

Leigh Sarti said...

The MOST OBVIOUS - "NOVEMBER RAIN" by the Gunners

Noteable:
"Hazy Shade of Winter" - The Bangles

Also Noteable: "Endless Summer Nights" by Richard Marx does not contain the word "rain" in any of it's lyrics.

Unknown said...

Blame it on the rain? JG