Monday, July 28, 2014

There's Something About The Ocean

There are so many great things about working with some of your best friends, but sharing days off is at the top of my list. Sharing days off means never having to convince someone to take a day off work to come to the beach with me. {Mondays are my day off, so this convincing thing has happened a lot.}

This summer, my friends and I have had a standing date with the beach...


It's been so fun to watch the kids build {and very quickly destroy} sandcastles and bury one another{'s moms--since they're not quite old enough to sit still long enough to be buried themselves}



But, by far, it has been the most fun to watch the kids learn to love the ocean. 

I love the ocean. Love it. I want to be in the ocean from the moment we arrive at the beach until the moment we leave...love it. The three minutes it takes for sunscreen to dry feels like an eternity to me.

Deacon has been growing to love it too...it's definitely taken a little convincing, but last week, we were out in the water for a long time for a three-year old.


All smiles--even after a surprise dunking...

which his brother absolutely hated.

Hopefully, as you're reading this, you're coming from {or heading to} the beach yourself.
If you're not...you can rest assured that I am. And I'm enjoying it enough for the both of us.

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

The last time I went to the beach was with you and Zachary--and a basket of "Family Circus" books. 1990 maybe?!
Love that YOU love it!