Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Cluttered Home Is A Cluttered Mind

That's it, friends.
As of yesterday, I am no longer the renter of a storage unit.

Seriously...I'm so proud of myself that I don't even need your words of affirmation.
Though, I will happily accept them.

Monday brought two packed carloads of boxes to my home.

And some new treasures for Sara B
and Jon McB
who only wore this bracelet through staff meeting,
but that was enough for me

On Tuesday evening {Valentine's Day}
I prepared my room for the new furniture
by moving everything in to the living room.

And, thus, began our week of living in the TV show Hoarders.

Moving boxes to get the front door open.
Moving boxes to get a blanket out of the cabinet.

Pushing the recliner forward so I could step around the boxes
and move the frames to get in to other boxes in the closet.

Photographic proof of the chaos:




I've come to realize how much a cluttered house gives me a cluttered brain.
It has been difficult for me to focus on other things
knowing that this is what my home looks like.

The idea of coming home from work to this mess...
it's similar to the thought of coming from a crazy day at work
and then heading out to Disneyland.

Wednesday morning, the movers dropped off the pieces.
Closing my storage unit of four years.
And beginning the "find 15 minutes" project at home.

Find 15 minutes...
and give "a place" to as many items as possible.

First: the living room
Our typewriter displayed under Glory.

My bookshelf...
slowly being filled
{since there should be an order to the shelving of books}

And my wonderful old craft table.
How I've missed the organization it provides!

I told my roommate that I would like to be back to normal by Saturday evening.
That means I need to find a lot of 15 minutes intervals in the next few days.

I can't wait to see how much clearer my brain feels next week!

9 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Hooray!!
What a great move...a place for everything and everything in its place! I have always felt that 'messy bed, messy head' feeling and thus my own order and organization in my home. I definitely know where you got that.
I really am proud of you! I LOVE 15 minute clean ups too! I forgot how great that craft table is too!!

Cathi said...

That craft table brings back so many memories- can't wait to see it in its new home.

JohnOliver said...

Really appreciate this post. It’s hard to sort the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it!!! Very important topic and you just did an amazing job presenting it in a simple and clear manner.
Exam Sheets

ashishmaihu said...

Your blog has helped me a lot in completing my online degree course. I would recommend your blog to everyone who wants to get help in their academic studies. Thanks a lot

salwar kameez fashion

nireshsa said...

Post very nicely written and it contains useful facts. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Thanks a lot.

Furniture Manufacturer in India

modular office furniture said...

This post is so informative and makes a very nice image on the topic in my mind. It is the first time I visit your blog, but I was extremely impressed. Keep posting as I am gonna come to read it everyday! Furniture Stores

Free Stock market tips | Free share market tips said...

Thank you for such a fantastic blog. Where else could anyone get that kind of info written in such a perfect way? I have a presentation that I am presently working on, and I have been on the lookout for such information. Stock Tips

forex tips said...

This post is so informative and makes a very nice image on the topic in my mind. It is the first time I visit your blog, but I was extremely impressed. Keep posting as I am gonna come to read it everyday! Forex tips

martin said...

Hi mates, its fantastic post on the topic of tutoring and completely defined, keep it up all the time.
Dallas roofing company