Monday, January 16, 2012

Oh, It's A Jolly Holiday With Mary

This morning, I finished watching Mary Poppins.
I had to watch in three installments,
to be sure it had my full attention.

As I watched, I kept thinking:
How cute is Bert?
and
Are Mary and Bert supposed to be more-than-friends?


--pause--
Did you know that Michael Banks
{well, the actor who played Michael Banks}
died at the age of 21 due to pancreatitis
they say was caused by eating "bad meat" in India?

Okay, back to Dick Van Dyke.
He's darling.
Even as Rob Petrie, he's just so cute.

He was also in a movie called
Oh man, I'd really like to see that.

Here he is at age 86.
As it turns out,
I'm not the only young woman
who thinks he's darling.
He got engaged last week
to a woman who is 39.
Yep, he was 47 when she was born.

Oh, and one more thing.
How much is "Feed the Birds"
of Mary Poppins?

Seriously.
The fast-forward
or go-to-the-bathroom-now song.

It's the same with
Broadway Rhythm/Melody
from Singin' In The Rain

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

47 years older! Yikes...he is pretty cute, even at 86...

The Cheer Up Charlie of Mary Poppins is hilarious!