Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Autumn(atically) Excited

I am having a difficult time keeping my head in one season right now.

At least twice a day I catch myself thinking (and dreaming) about Fall.
Sometimes, I'm counting the number of days until October 1st (and considering making a paper chain).

I know, I know, it's only three days in to August.

Don't get me wrong; I'm in to summer.

I am in favor of dinner on the patio.
I am so happy living in a world where I can read by sunlight until almost 8pm.
I haven't been to the beach yet this summer (most of my July was dominated by Kenya), but I plan to make a post-camp visit...and when I do, I will hang out in that ocean for hours.

But, there is something so warm and delicious about Autumn, don't you think?

Granted, I'm a little biased, since it does mean we're that much closer to my birthday, but can't you almost smell--practically taste--"Fall"?

School supplies in Target. (I've stopped to smell the binders a few times already.) I love when they put the globes out--that's when you know school is back in session.

Pumpkin decorations. Pumpkin carving. Pumpkin-flavored desserts.

Sweaters. Blankets. Fireplaces. Umbrellas.

Donnie Darko. E.T. Beetlejuice. Harry Potter(s).

I'm fully embracing August, while eagerly awaiting October. (Sorry September.)

What's your favorite thing about Fall?

2 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Pumpkin EVERYTHING! Including pumpkins in my yard, pumpkin scented candles, pumpkin bread, pie, cookies, lattes, ice cream, and our famous pumpkin chocolate chip muffins!
And, personally, I like when it's dark at 5pm. I'm exhausted!

Anonymous said...

You know I adore pumpkins...