Monday, January 31, 2011

Always Sunny, In The Rich Man's World

This is Dave Ramsey.He developed a program called
Three weeks ago, a group of seven of us began this course. We meet on Sunday nights to watch the DVD and talk through the "homework" which will guide us, ultimately, toward becoming debt-free and on-budget households.

Though I know how beneficial this will be for my life in the end, so far, the homework has caused a lot of grief. Making a budget based on my last few months bank statements, writing a "Cash Flow" plan...solving math equations: if I want to have my hair done six times in a year, how much money do I need to set-aside each month?

The emotions that this subject has already brought up in me have been interesting: frustration, embarrassment, anger, apathy...

To look at my budget and think "what does 'how I spend my money' say about who I am?"
And how do I feel about that?
Or how would I like to change that?

Week 3 of 16...I have a feeling Dave Ramsey is going to cause quite a bit more upset in my life...
Can't wait to see how it all looks (and feels) in the end.

4 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Very cool. I'm proud of you for doing this and I want to hear more about it when I see you...I definitely need to be asking myself these questions, too!

Surpresas do mar / cristiane nunes said...

visite meu blog no Brsil
http://surpresasdomar.blogspot.com

Karolina , Krystyna , Klara ♥ said...

super blog ; **

MBailey03 said...

It's definately worth it! I am now debt free and only have to work part time because I have a budget...hooray!!