Saturday, June 13, 2009

Rockreaction

I spent my Friday night at Rockreation in Costa Mesa at a birthday party for a 5-year-old.
The place smelled like feet and was filled with some real dudes, but was {secretly} pretty awesome.

I held Molly most of the evening and took some pictures of Dylan climbing...sat and talked with Amanda...you know, typical grown-ups at a kid party stuff.
Sweet Dylan and his buddy, Tate.
Tate is totally adventurous and made it all the way to the top of this {overhang?} multiple times.
Molly was given these purple wristbands as her party favor, but Fat Scotty and Buddy wore them for most of the night...
By the end of the night, Dylan preferred to spin around by the rope...notice the huge smile?
I know little-to-nothing about rock climbing, so I looked up a few terms on wikipedia...and found this picture. Now, this guy wasn't there last night, but I really wish he had been. He just seems so prepared.After climbing, it was time for "cake and affirmations". Evidently, it's a family tradition to go around and say something you love about the birthday boy or girl {there must be a better term for that person, but I'm at a loss.} It was sweet to hear these 5- and 6-year-olds share what they love about their friend...then each of the parents and grandparents shared...really, really cute. I'm fairly certain I don't want children, but if I do, we're adopting this tradition.

No comments: