Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Alexander Girard

Jaime just brought me the best gift ever...TWO new House Industries Font Collections...and a House Industries Catalog.
So I spent about twenty minutes looking at the House Industries website...signing up for the free catalog
{which comes with free font downloads}...
And then stumbled upon this man:Alexander Girard
I didn't read his biography...because I was too distracted by this page that will allow you to TRY his beautiful fonts.
And then found the page of his objects.
I know my birthday is not until October, but if you are looking to purchase something that will ease the pain as you tell me a loved one has died, or for the perfect substitute for an engagement ring...here are some options:
This beautiful Memory Game: $320

These incredible blocks: $120



This Nativity Set: $410...which I would happily display year-round {minus baby Jesus until Christmas Eve, in case that would be otherwise sacrilegious}
I mean...look at this wise-man...he'd be great to have in my living room in the summertime...

I know, I know...these are over-priced, unnecessary decorations...but, honestly, I'd rather have these things in my home than fine china or even a dining room table.

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

This is ABSOLUTELY you!! Those blocks are fabulous! YOU could have designed this stuff!
So you.
Can't wait to see what you buy!