Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hello Darkness, My Old Friend...

One more off the long list of movies I should have seen a long time ago.
Tonight: The Graduate.
I'm sure you, too, are disappointed that I hadn't yet seen it, but no one was more upset by this fact than my father. He actually said, "Really? You haven't seen this? [curse] Danielle! It's a classic."

So, we watched it.
It was excellent...the cinematography, the music, the storyline...
Anne Bancroft is beautiful. And! the girl that plays Elaine is also the girl from Butch Cassidy...what a coincidence.

Just really, really good.

6 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

And the music!! That was the first soundtrack ever written for a movie! Such great songs!!!
Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes!!!
So glad you've seen it!!
You will understand LOTS of other movies' jokes now...so many Mrs. Robinson's references!

ambrosia said...

SUCH a great movie!!! One of my faves!

Matthew Jensen said...

I can hear William saying what you wrote in my head.

Alyssa said...

2 things: I would be up for watching All The Presidents Men (one of my favs!)
&
I was not such a huge fan of The Graduate...
hmmm-- well miss you!

P.E.A.S.E. Plan 2.0 said...

In his initial review of it Roger Ebert comments on how the music seemed "unremarkable" and "forgettable" ... whoops.

The last shot of that movie is ridiculously sad I think. But you're right about the cinematography -- it's great.

I sound really pretentious right now don't I?

I'm done now.

blythe said...

I know this is late-in-coming, but i had to say that the part with the twirling boob-tassles still haunts me on occasion. bleucckh..