Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'm Blue...

It's almost my birthday...at least in this part of the world...about 2 1/2 hours...and I'm hitting the peak of homesickness.

I'm sitting here, at the dining room table, silently crying. I don't want to rouse suspicions of my roommates, since neither can be a real comfort to me in this moment.

I was just thinking, I've never been alone on my birthday...even when I lived in London, my parents and Alanna came to visit.

I know I'm not alone alone...I know there are two really fun people here with me...but they are not people that I live everyday life with...they're not my circle...and I am lonesome for that closeness tonight.

We will have cake, and I'm going to ride a camel...but I've never been so sad to miss Chipotle birthday lunch...and Fuddrucker family dinner...and funfetti cupcakes...

Two of my very best friends are coming to visit in a week...so that will definitely help...
I know I am just being a girl...and over-reacting...but I'm really, really sad tonight...

9 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I miss you too. I can't believe we're not going to be together on your birthday either!
But, deep inside the suitcase o'crap I am sending is a Funfetti cake mix and Funfetti frosting too!!! It will be a belated birthday cake for you!!!
Love you so!!!

Heather Leith said...

you have the same birthday as carson joshua leith!

Jessica Torres said...

I hope you feel way better tomorrow! I totally get you...being away from the people closest to you on such an important day is hard...

Cathi said...

You're not over-reacting. Promise.

Gina Vistaunet said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! I miss you a lot, but I can't believe you actually wanted to go to Fuddruckers. We will go the week you get back. I promise. I love you so much. Have fun on a camel. Seems odd, but I can say I have never rode one.

Suefalla said...

Hi Alice!!

Happy Birthday!!

Joyeuse Anniversaire!!

Tanti au guri!!

miss you.

the end.

yep, okay... said...

I'm all choked up about your sad post. I know saying happy birthday isn't the same as hearing my awesome birthday song over the phone and a great big birthday hug from someone who loves you so much! but HAPYY BIRTHDAY anyway. We love you so so much and are thinking of you...today!!

blythe said...

Happy belated!!!

Chris T (alanna's mom) said...

Wow Allison...I just read your post..(better late than never..) I hope by now you are not so sad about your birthday....when you get to my age...well regardless of what your mom says..."now that's sad!"
I love reading your posts and hearing all about your adventures in Africa!
You are amazing and have many MANY more birthdays to celebrate with your circle of friends!