Thursday, October 02, 2008

If Peeing Your Pants Is Cool, Consider Me Miles Davis

Tonight, we arrived at dinner and noticed that the little boy who lives in the house had peed his pants. So, Chris mentioned something about a time when he peed his pants...

I realized that I've never blogged about this story...and it's worth it:

Once, when I was about 4 or 5, I went to my friend's house to play...in my favorite outfit.
I was having so much fun that I didn't want to stop what I was doing to go to the bathroom.

So I just peed. Right there on her bedroom floor.

But I didn't tell her.

I just got up, pushed the Barbie Dream House box over the wet spot and went home.

When I got home, my mom knew what had happened (obviously).
To teach me a lesson, she told me pee doesn't come out of clothing...and she threw my favorite outfit in the trash.

I learned my lesson: from then on I paused Barbie Mansion-fun to go to the bathroom.
Also, the only other time my mom threw my favorite outfit away was when I left slime (from the 25-cent dispenser at the grocery store) in the pocket of my dress and it dyed all of the laundry yellow.

So, both times, I've deserved it.

You're welcome for sharing. Your turn...
Have you ever peed your pants?

9 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I seriously do not remember throwing away the peed-on outfit. Which was it? I DO remember the situation tho. Her mother called me to tell me about it fairly quickly.
The slime I remember very vividly tho. It was your Esprit dress...I think it was bright pink and the slime ruined it...and the load of laundry that was with it.
Come to think of it, I should have checked the pocket! My fault completely! Sorry.
I don't think I have ever peed my pants...but it's not too late. I'll let you know.

PETE Di LALLO said...

Guys don't pee their pants...

Amy said...

only when i'm jumping around too much and my "i've had 2 babies" bladder decides i should stop. :) your blog is great by the way....you dont know me. :)

elise! said...

I laughed out loud so hard reading this story!

Chris T (alanna's mom) said...

No...can't remember peeing my pants but this morning Dustin peed the bed and blamed it on Boots the monkey!!! When I asked him...if Boots peed the bed why is YOUR underware wet? He said, "Boots peed on me too! Isn't the willy wude of him?"(he can't say his r's very well).....

Mama Oasis said...

ahhhhhhhh....David peed his pants? I love that little boy...but, between his seeming inability to talk very much (except for when he chatters like a little monkey during the movie Madagascar), the way he sticks his tongue out of the corner of his mouth and repeatedly flexes and opens his hands when he gets excited, and now THIS.....I think we need to get him some therapy.

And...I once peed in my car after having drunk a giant bottle of water on the way to an appt in downtown LA....and I got stuck in traffic and couldn't even get off of the freeway.....had to turn around and go home. Embarrasing!

Anonymous said...

I like to think the title of your post was just for me.
"If Peeing Your Pants Is Cool, Consider Me Miles Davis"
Brilliant.

Reminds me of the time I was at a fifth grade camping trip. While we were out hiking, someone pooped all over the floor of our bathroom. My friends, thinking it would be funny, said I did it.
The camp counselor made me clean it up.

These days, I could have sued. To this day I have nightmares.

Luke St.Hilaire said...

don't remember peeing my pants, but one time when i was a little little kid, me and my family were at knotts about to go in, but we were waiting in line. i had to go, so i dropped my pants and peed right there in line.

my mom patted me on the back for not peeing my pants

btw, i wrote my last blog totally a day before yours. weird

Our Tribe said...

Are Mama Oasis and I the only other ones with a "pants peeing" story?

Hmmm... maybe I shouldn't post it publicly then???
Oh, what the heck!
When I was 10 (twice the age of YOUR sweet story), after school, I was walking the one mile up the hill from the bus stop to my house. One by one my friends said their 'good byes' and veered off onto their various streets (of course I lived at the TOP).
THE WHOLE TIME I had to pee achingly!
I waited 'til every last one of them had veered and I was alone.
I was desperate. So desperate that I didn't even have a rational thought like "hike up into the bushes and drop trou and let lose"... no... that would have been too workable a plan!
Instead I SAT in some ice plant and flooded the dam.
When I finally stood up, i was SO relieved but now wet and uncomfortable, with still QUITE a ways to go :o(
Of course THEN a neighbor drove by and rolled down their window and offered a ride.
I had to say 'no' cuz I was pee soaked.
So I just had to waddle the rest of the way home like a soggy, saddle sore cowboy.

Ahhh. Nothing like the nostalgia of childhood.

xoxo,
Stacie