Friday, July 04, 2008

When In The Course Of Human Events It Becomes Necessary

I decided that since today is a day to celebrate Independence, I could spend the day doing whatever I wanted. So, I decided I wanted to hang around and relax and do some work...

Bethany and I went to the office to grab some work...then to Starbucks...then back to my house where I worked on some Student Leadership Conference stuff (fabric-cutting and slide-designing) while watching A Goofy Movie and Josie and the Pussycats (and I sang along to all of the songs!)

Bethany went to the Rainbow factory but returned in time to watch Definitely, Maybe and do some more side-by-side work (her work had something to do with Myspace and Facebook).Since then, we have made dinner (potstickers and chocolate chip muffin tops--both microwaveable) and eaten some Oreos (I like to dip mine with a fork so my fingers don't get yucky).
We also fulfilled my dream from last Fourth of July: watching the fireworks scene from Sandlot while eating a red, white and blue Popsicle. I get teary-eyed listening to Ray Charles' sing "America the Beautiful"...I love it.After Popsicles, we sat on my back patio and watched the RSM lake fireworks...they were so close we could even hear the music (which included "Hero" by Mariah Carey and "Proud to be an American")...Bethany really loved having Photobooth in that moment so she could document her response to the fireworks...

Now we're side-by-side blogging while watching Empire Records...and a few more friends are on their way over!
Seriously...such a GREAT day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

u guys could hear the music??

we were at the lake and could barely hear it!

but we did get everyone to start clapping

Bethany said...

Best 4th of July ever!

adam said...

i freaking love A GOOFY MOVIE. and maybe i know the songs too...