Thursday, July 05, 2007

Makes Me Melt Like a Popsicle on the Fourth of July

My post about the 4th of July makes it sound as though that is the first thing I think of when it comes to fireworks...that would be false.

It would be true to say that fireworks make me want to hold hands and watch The Sandlot...and eat hot dogs.

Hold hands because I think standing and watching fireworks is cute.

Watch The Sandlot because of the scene in which they are playing baseball on 4th of July while the fireworks are going off and Ray Charles sings "America the Beautiful".

Eat hot dogs because, well, that's just what sounds delicious after a long swim and lots of laughter.

Oh, by the way, I did swim so much that I fell asleep on the couch while watching The O.C...that was really all I wanted out of my 4th of July!

2 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

you make me smile. You are so cute and this post is the best. You make me happy...because you are so happy and you appreciate the simple things in life...have a little tear in my eye...
I am so glad you had a fun day. I am glad I got to see you for a little bit.
Love you so...

Hayden Copes said...

i love sandlot...while watching fireworks, i mentioned 3-4 times about i wished I was playing baseball with ray charles in the background. p.s. did you know the 4th is my day of birth!