Monday, June 30, 2008

A Squared Plus B Squared Equals C Squared

Josh spent last week making a Recycle sign for HSM. He called me on Friday afternoon to find out how long the sides of the triangle need to be for the height to be six feet.

I said, "Don't ever let anyone say that you don't need math in real life!"
I did some calculations and found the answer...

And then I took a picture of the white board, to prove that though I was an English major, my one semester spent as a Math major was not in vain.

4 comments:

Heather Leith said...

i am proud to say that i would completely be able to do this problem as well.

that dang A+ in geometry..

Julie Hibbard said...

I am so proud of you. That's using your WILLIAM Hibbard DNA this time!

Josh Treece said...

As I said before, I called you because I knew you'd find the answer, even if you didn't immediately know it.

Jessica Torres said...

I love that you document your intelligence!