Saturday, June 21, 2008

Refinery Opening Weekend

Today was a long day in the Refinery...it was filled with excited tears. I cried every half an hour for the first half of the day and then every 10 minutes after that. I cried at the idea of opening this building for students to come and hang out; to learn to love God and each other; to feel the comfort of a place to call their own; to look back 10-years from now and remember this weekend as the start of great memories. I cried about all of the Wildside memories I have and the idea of being a part of so many more. I cried thinking about not being a part of this in a month. I cried at the moment of walking from backstage to start the first service in the building. (I was totally laughed at for that.) It was such a great day!

Here are more pictures from the day...

Josh Pease, Katie, Alanna
Jamie, Katie, Alanna
Matt and Kurt
Allison and Jason Petty
Griff
Bethany, Allison, Alanna and Katie
Bethany
Alanna
K Shann
A Murray
Teresa
The HSM Program TeamThe Wildside females with our new stage
K Shann...I love her guts
Oh, Ange
Jessie and D Mas
Jaime...who did an excellent job of
Katie and Brandon...the newest "Party Girl"
We love our Refinery buttons
Cute Lea...I love that she can look at the camera!
Her parents haven't figured out the whole picture-taking concept
I love Dom
Kyle...
T Shann and Kyle

5 comments:

Jaclyn Parker said...

it was truly amazing :)

Ange said...

so fun!! great pics!

Jen Panunzio said...

From what I can tell in the pictures, the place looks pretty clean! I am sure it was spotless!! :)

It was good seeing you!!

PETE Di LALLO said...

There is no better way to know all about the Refinery than your personal tour!!!
Thanks so much...

Jessica Torres said...

So much fun!