Thursday, May 29, 2008

Two Lists...

Today I've been traveling...all day long...
I got up early finished packing, put the couch bed away...
Then took a "shower" (my friends Pete and Becca do not have a shower, so I washed my hair using a small pitcher in their bathtub...which, incidentally, has two faucets, so I had to fill 3/4 warm and 1/4 cold so as not to burn or freeze my scalp. Needless to say, the crown of my head still has some shampoo in it...)
After all of this, I grabbed the two large suitcases, a carry-on and purse and made my way through the London underground system to Heathrow Airport.
I flew from London to Houston and I will fly to Orange County soon...I had about 2 hours so I bought some internet because I would rather pay $7 for 2 hours of internet than eat Wendy's because I have no other way to kill time...

Throughout this journey, I've been making a list of things I could blog about...and another of things that make me an idiot. So, here goes nothing:

THINGS THAT MAKE ME AN IDIOT:
* I have three pair of sunglasses in my purse
* I also have a pocket Yahtzee and a coin purse full of American gift cards
* Oh, and my checkbook...because who doesn't need that on an international vacation?
* I said (out loud) "hello, lover" when I saw the Starbucks in the Houston airport
* I watched three episodes of Grey's Anatomy on the plane and cried through each of them...I'm pretty sure the stewardess kept walking by with water to see if I was okay.
* I have so many books in my carry-on that the man at security asked if I was sure I had taken my laptop out since the bag was still so heavy.
* I have been reading blogs in the airport and laughing out loud

THINGS I'VE WANTED TO BLOG ABOUT:
* Bowling alleys, airports and Target customer service desks all have the same smell.
* Who would eat at a seafood restaurant in the airport? Yuck.
* What is so difficult about stepping off of the moving walkway? Really, you have to stop walking, look down and jump?
* Is it disgusting to eat a tuna sandwich before getting on an airplane?
* Am I arrogant to be proud of myself for traveling alone with two giant, heavy suitcases and not needing any help up and down stairs?
* Is it a bad thing that I wish I were still in London?
* If there are three seats and the middle passenger doesn't show up, who gets use of that seat: standard shot-gun rules? or joint-custody law?

1 comment:

Julie Hibbard said...

You are funny and enlightening and so great to read!
Love that you are home. It's ok to wish you were still in London.
Who doesn't?
:)
Welcome Home!