Monday, May 26, 2008

Seriously...I Love It Here...

Two days without blogging, I was half expecting an email from my mother asking if everything is alright...It's been a few very fun days in London...full of nothings and somethings that have made them memorable. I have taken a total of 20(ish) pictures in the week...few of them have been of people and none of them have been of me.
Here's a run through the last few days:

SUNDAY...
Shopping, walking, site-seeing...among other things, we saw Freddie Mercury's house.


Santi carried this box of Cheez-Its all day...and so, insisted that it be the focal point of his picture in front of Freddie's door. Oh, he also wrote "I Love David Bowie" amidst the graffiti of love to Queen. Though the highlight of his day was (without a doubt) the man out front of the Natural History Museum...with a giant Taz tattoo on his bicep...or, the pigeon with the neck tumor...he loved that too.


After a bit more walking, we had some dinner and headed to Headspace...the evening services at Church.co.uk...and then hung around with some friends and had an interesting (and slightly heated) conversation...

MONDAY...
I spent the day walking in the rain...no real destination...no umbrella...just walking with my iPod and my wet jeans. It was so great...so relaxing. I moved out of the boys house and in with Pete and Becca who have been my friends for years...
They had two friends over for dinner (which Pete made)...and then we played a new board game (I won two of the three games)...I laughed so hard at Pete and Tim being so competitive...I learned some very fun new phrases that I can't wait to bring home with me...

TUESDAY...
I walked around for a bit and then met up with Josh Peters...we sat in a park for a very, very long time talking about a whole bunch of stuff...then we had some food, and a coffee, walked through a few parks (in typical Josh Peters fashion) and ended up checking emails and such at the church (also in Josh fashion)...we've been on facebook and myspace reminiscing of old Saddleback interns and staff members...it's been a great afternoon...
We'll head out soon to meet the boys for dinner...so, it should be another excellent night.

I love being in London...not sure I'm ready to come home yet...
Though, I do miss my comfortable friends...and my nice big bed.

**evidently. this computer is an Apple IIGS (get it, Jaime?)...so I can't spellcheck or create links of any kind. So, sorry for any obvious mistakes**

4 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

I knew that you were having a GREAT time and BEING there...not blogging there.
So glad to get an update tho! So so so glad you met up with Josh Peters! Hope you passed on my best to him and that you guys got along this time!
Wish you could stay longer! You belong there! But looking forward to seeing you. And traveling with you soon too...
love you! Enjoy the last few hours!

Jessica Torres said...

If I ever go to London...

I'm taking you with me!

Bethany said...

Oh man, I don't know what I love more... cheez-its or Santi!

Ange said...

Hey Allison -- give Lukey a big hug and kiss from me and my mom :) And take some pictures of him!!! He doesn't have a camera!!!!!! AHHHH
Yea thanks!