Saturday, May 24, 2008

Larry Tate, Tate Donovan, Tatum O'Neal, Channing Tatum, Little Man Tate

We spent the afternoon at the Tate Modern.
I love that place...
I love to look at a piece and wonder how it was conceived, how it was created...
I love the idea that someone dreamed and made it happen...that they were undeterred by friends or family members telling them it would never work, or it was a waste of time.
I love to see painting, sculptures, photographs; what was once a piece of one imagination and is now requiring the imagination of another to be completely understood and appreciated.

We looked and studied...we read and wrote down...we thought and appreciated.
Honestly...such a great day.

3 comments:

Julie Hibbard said...

Sharon Tate...look her up.

So glad you are having such a great time. I think that's the museum that we did NOT make it to! Got to see Victoria and Albert's sheeot, but missed the good place!
Next time!
Hello to all!

MLEmary said...

yay!!! I totally get what you're saying here... I remember the first time those thoughts clicked in my head and I thought... Shit!!! This is what I've been missing out on!?! Self expression is a beautiful thing.

Cole said...

hey! I totally forgot about blogger since I've had some exciting things happen to me lately. Plus, I've been busy. but I just put on a video that you'll want to see! And I bet you're so excited for kenya! six months! we'll be praying for you.