Friday, May 23, 2008

Bill Cosby Would Have Been Proud Today

Today, while riding the bus, I heard this kid say to the woman he was with, "I'm five and he's four, right?" and she said, "He's 4 and 11 months." The kid, "So I'm bigger than him, right?" She said, "You are older, yes." The kid: "So, I can tell him what to do and he has to listen?" She said, "He has to listen to his mommy, just like you have to listen to yours. If you tell him what to do, you are a bully and you don't want to be a bully, right?" The kid agreed that he did not want to be a bully...

Then, in Top Shop, a little kid in a stroller turned and asked me, "Where's Harry Potter?" and, without hesitation, the mother said, "Harry's at home, dear."

It's conversations like these that make me excited to be a mom someday...

1 comment:

Jessica Torres said...

I can't wait to talk to my kids about important things such as these...