Friday, March 07, 2008

My Friend Dylan


I have this friend named Dylan. He's four. Oh, and he's also hilarious...and brilliant...and can play "Clocks" on the drums (perfectly)

Tonight, Dylan, his mom, his sister and I went to dinner and to Target.
Dylan was hilarious...

(Amanda is having a baby boy...so I mentioned naming the kid Felix, as a joke)
Dylan: Oh, that is a nice name, but, um, we actually really like the name Tim.

(We ran to the bathroom in Target)
Dylan: Um, Allison. Since I'm a boy and I have a wiener, I stand up when I pee.

(In the car on the way home)
Dylan: My friend Egypt is afraid of people he doesn't know.
(Amanda explains that Egypt is Dylan's imaginary friend)
Dylan: Yeah, he's afraid of me...I don't know how old he is because he won't talk to me, since I'm a stranger.
(I asked Dylan where Egypt lives--and how does he know about the country to Egypt)
Dylan: Um, he lives in Cairo. It's a lot different looking from here.

I was totally laughing...hilarious...and really, really smart.

4 comments:

Josh(ua) Treece said...

Hilarious!

Zach Zeiger said...

what a stud.

Luke St.Hilaire said...

i need to hang out with kids more

but not in a creeper way

Erin Brady said...

Oh no! His imaginary friend? I just laughed a little bit. That's adorable, he's adorable.