Thursday, March 06, 2008

I Can Tell That We Are Gonna Be Friends...

I've been thinking and talking a lot about friendship recently.
My Junior High small group spent this week making a list of qualities of a friend.
I've been recalling stories of old friends (good and bad).
I've been working to grow some friendships (old and new).

I find that I'm looking for very little in a friend, but that these few specifics matter so much that, without them, the friendship means very little. Because I expect them to exist in my friend, I am working to make sure they exist in me.

* Authenticity
* Honesty
* Loyalty/Constancy
* Laughter
* Comfort


What do you look for in a friend?

4 comments:

Heather McTaggart said...

These are GREAT qualities in friendship! Accountability is also huge, real life accountability! Also someone who can tell you that you have stuff in your teeth..ha ha! Just know that you are an example of the wonderful mommy you have and knowing that makes anyone who "friends" you LUCKY! It's great that you are exploring what a friendship looks like for you. YOU ARE GREAT!!!

Ange said...

I look for the exact same things...and of course, hopefully humor and sarcasm are always great qualities to have :)

TSHarrison said...

Money
Influence
Power
Prestige
and a Sledgehammer, with shocks and pegs that I can take off sweet jumps.

Jessica Torres said...

All of these plus...

forgiving...

still working on that one