Monday, February 04, 2008

Testing, Testing...1,2,3...

Tonight was the first (of what I hope will be many) dinner with Jaime and David Hughes. We ate food (Jaime's fajitas and David's dip) and then sat around joking and laughing...At one point, the conversation turned to Myers-Briggs Testing. I had never taken one...No time like the present.
Here are my results:

ESTJ - "Administrator". Much in touch with the external environment. Very responsible. Pillar of strength. 8.7% of total population.

Extroverted (E) 54.05% Introverted (I) 45.95%
Sensing (S) 61.76% Intuitive (N) 38.24%
Thinking (T) 58.97% Feeling (F) 41.03%
Judging (J) 76.67% Perceiving (P) 23.33%


Descriptions:
*They can sometimes be very demanding and critical, because they have such strongly held beliefs, and are likely to express themselves without reserve if they feel someone isn't meeting their standards.

*The ESTJ needs to watch out for the tendency to be too rigid, and to become overly detail-oriented.

*They love to provide and to receive good service.

*ESTJ humor is frequently centered around something or someone being off center or behaving abnormally.

*ESTJs promote the work ethic. Power, position and prestige should be worked for and earned. Laziness is rarely viewed with ambivalence nor benevolence by this type.

The funniest part:


The second time I took it, I was ISTJ...and I could see myself in a lot of those descriptions as well...

Take Free Myers-Briggs Personality Test

3 comments:

Ange said...

I'm ENFJ:)
Famous people w/ my personality:
David, King of Israel
Oprah Winfrey
Bob Saget
Sean Connery
Abraham Lincoln
Ronald Reagan

hahahaha...Danny Tanner:)

Julie Hibbard said...

I am TTFN...no, I am MFOE...
I am sure Craig Jutila would cringe, but I can't remember what I am.
This sounds just like you (and Simon Peter) tho! Must be a right-on test!
Dinner sounds like it was very good too...even the food.

TSHarrison said...

I'm an ESTJ as well.
However I'm 50% E and 50% I, so I guess I'm 50% ESTJ and 50% ISTJ.
That being said even my S and T weren't clearly dominate either.
Which is usually my frustration with these type of test, because I hear my descriptions and kinda hear me in them, but when they describe the opposite I kinda hear myself in that too.